Overview of Priorities
- All children make good progress.
- School reaches national expectations at end of Key stage SATs in reading writing maths and science.
- 60% of pupils achieving early learning goals at end of Foundation stage
- 80% of pupils achieving expected standards at end of Year 1
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Teaching and learning is good / outstanding throughout the school.
- NQT programme of support ensures that teaching is good; pupils make good progress.
- RQT programme continues to develop the skills of identified teachers.
- Implementation of Maths scheme of work raises quality of teaching & learning, and thus outcomes.
- Implementation of guided reading scheme of work Years 1 and 2 raises quality of teaching and learning & thus outcomes.
- Enquiry based learning project supports school aims to foster curiosity and independence and develop perseverance, resilience and self belief.
Personal Development Behaviour and Welfare
- Develop excellent attitudes to learning through enquiry based learning.
- Develop the role of additional DPPS.
- Improve attendance in Early Years and Key stage 1 , closing the gap between pupils in receipt of PP and remainder of cohort.
- Continue to develop relationships with hard to reach parents + pupils with social and emotional difficulties in order to ensure that they are ready to learn.
- Investigate ways of measuring progress towards achieving school aims for each child.
Leadership and Management
- Develop role of Assistant Headteachers.
- Develop the role of Year group leaders.
- Develop role of new SENCO.
For further detailed information on these priorities, please see the document below.